WHY MUSIC LESSONS?
The Top Ten Reasons to Take Music Lessons
1. Improve Confidence
2. Increase Awareness of Senses and Emotions
3. Improve Teamwork Skills and Self-Discipline
4. Build Employability Skills, including Communication & Creativity
5. Learn to Stay Positive Through Difficulties, Solve Problems & Persevere
6. Learn Attention to Detail & The Ability to Reflect on Your Work to Create Goals for Improvement
7. Learn More About Your Own Culture & Other Cultures
8. Develop Your Creative Mind & Ability to Justify Your Choices
9. Expand Spatial Intelligence
10. Develop Your Brain & Efficiently Process Information
Music education is linked to improved language, focus and attention skills.
"Musically trained kids do better in school, with stronger reading skills, increased math abilities, and higher general intelligence scores. Music even seems to improve social development, as people believe music helps them be better team players and have higher self-esteem."
Research says that Music Education improves Attention, Memory, Focus, Teamwork and Self-Esteem!
"Music exercises parts of the brain useful in mathematics, spatial intelligence and other intellectual pursuits."
"You don't have to be a top musician to find these kinds of effects."
"Music engages the brain over a period of time...and the process of listening to music could be a way that the brain sharpens its ability to anticipate events and sustain attention."
"Studies show that music impacts on almost every important region of the brain: prefrontal cortex, motor cortex, cerebellum, hippocampus, amygdala, sensory cortex, nucleus accumbens and auditory cortex, some of which are vital in long-term memory retention."